Descrição no quase em português:
O Guardian, a quem Al Jazeera disponibilizou os documentos, fez este primeiro resumo dos pontos essenciais:
• Palestinian negotiators privately agreed that a token 10, 000 refugees and their families, out of a total refugee population exceeding 5 million, could return to Israel as part of a peace settlement.
• PLO leaders accepted Israel's demand to define itself as an explicitly Jewish state, in sharp contrast to their public position.
• The then Israeli foreign minister, Tzipi Livni, repeatedly pressed in 2007-08 for the "transfer" of some of Israel's own Arab citizens into a future Palestinian state as part of a land-swap deal that would exchange Palestinian villages now in Israel for Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
• The US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, and other American officials refused to accept any Palestinian leadership other than that of Mahmoud Abbas and the prime minister, Salam Fayyad. The US "expects to see the same Palestinian faces", one senior official explained, if it was to continue funding the PA.
• Condoleezza Rice, secretary of state under George Bush, suggested in 2008 Palestinian refugees could be resettled in South America. "Maybe we will be able to find countries that can contribute in kind," she said. "Chile, Argentina, etc."
• Livni told Palestinian negotiators in 2007 that she was against international law and insisted that it could not be included in terms of reference for the talks: "I was the minister of justice", she said. "But I am against law – international law in particular."